Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fair Trade Certified Coffee

Happy October!

Yesterday morning I was pleasantly surprised to see my BzzAgent Certified Fair Trade Coffee from Green Mountain Coffee had arrived.



I immediately went straight to my Keurig coffee maker and made me a hot cup. I am quite satisfied with this coffee. It is very smooth and tasty. I drink my coffee black with a little bit of sweetener because I like the taste of coffee. This is one tasty cup!

But on top of it being a great cup of coffee it is Fair Trade Certified. I am starting to learn about fair trade and it's benefits. From Green Mountains Coffee website:

"Fair Trade certification gives farmers a fair price for their beans with a guaranteed minimum, which means they can invest in their crops, their communities, and their future. Fair Trade also lets Green Mountain Coffee® and farmers work closely together to bring the best tasting coffee to market."

So by drinking Fair Trade I am helping farmers. It feels good that I can still indulge in a coffee knowing that I am helping someone out.

I also noticed that Green Mountain has a bunch of  flavors. =) I am so going to get the pumpkin spice flavor!

Enjoy the rest of your day, I'm going to brew me another cup!

-Teal

No comments: